REVERSE OSMOSIS DESALINATION SYSTEM
PACT® principals are among the pioneers in the water desalination industry. Since the early 70s PACT® principals have designed and built several hundred water desalination plants both for industrial and municipal applications. Among the various desalination processes such as MSF, VC, MED (thermal processes) and Reverse Osmosis, the latter is the desalination process where PACT® has made its mark among the leaders in the field.
PACT® desalination plants treat brackish and high brackish well-water sources as well as seawater sources ranging from 30,000-45,000 mg/l TDS. Standard capacities manufactured by PACT® cover few cubic meters per day up to 1000 cubic meter per day (264000 USGPD). Custom-built systems up to the tens of thousands cubic meter per day (several million USGPD) are designed in-house and built to the most stringent specifications. Making use of high grade SS alloys for protection against aggressive marine environment as well as state-of-the-art energy recovery equipment for the most efficient use of energy (energy is the single most expensive item in cost of water desalination).
PACT® WATER DESALINATION STANDARD SYSTEMS
- Comprise of the following main components
- Antiscalant metering system
- 5 micron cartridge filter
- High pressure pump
- Pressure vessels for housing membrane elements
- Spiral-wound TFC seawater membrane elements
- Interconnecting Duplex SS high pressure piping and PVC low pressure piping
- In-line instrumentation for flow (permeate and reject), pressure (feed, permeate, reject), temperature (feed), conductivity (permeate) and pH (feed)
- Motorised inlet and reject valves (auto-flush system)
- System manual control valves and sample cock-valves
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Motor control panel
- Mild steel marine coated skid holding above components
PACT® WATER DESALINATION OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR STANDARD SYSTEMS
- Disinfectant metering system
- Coagulant metering system
- Multi-media filter
- Activated carbon filter
- Filter backwash pumps
- Sodium bisulphate metering system
- Energy recovery equipment
- Alkali metering system (post-treatment)
PACT® BUILT RO SYSTEM in addition to aforementioned RO components, PACT® custom-designed and built systems may also include one or more of the following:
- Design and supply of water intake equipment for open and beach-well intakes (screens, pumps, etc.).
- Custom designed and built energy recovery systems
- Medium and low voltage switch gear
- Software for optimising efficiency and controlling unit cost of water.
- Desk/laptop computer monitoring, recording, interface and control package complete with PACT® proprietary software.
- Water storage tanks and pressurisation system
Containerization: PACT has mastered the art of containerizing RO systems of any capacity in one or several containers in modular design. This evidently appreciably reduces site work and allows testing of the system before shipment.